A one-day practical workshop for midwives, student midwives and doulas.
- Understanding birth physiology and instinctive behaviour
- Exploring the influence of environment and interactions on physiology and instincts
- Using current evidence to inform practice
- Practical approaches and skills to facilitate physiology (e.g. use of rebozo and other hands-on techniques)
Feedback from previous workshops:
- “Extremely interesting and relevant content throughout the day”
- “Really interesting presenter, well balanced day with theory and hands on work and open discussion”
Brisbane: 3 November 2018
The venue is Pullman/Mercure King George Square, cnr Ann & Roma Sts. We recommend public transport as the hotel is next to King George Square bus hub and a short walk to Central and Roma St trains. The easiest parking option is King George Square carpark which has an entrance on Roma St opposite the hotel lobby or Adelaide St near the Officeworks, parking there is $35/day on weekdays but is only $5 on weekends.
Registration fees include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
The workshop will provide 6 contact hours and you will receive a Statement of Attendance.
The full/standard fee is $250. The earlybird fee is $225. Students can claim 20% discount off the fee that applies at the time of registering, email us for more information on this.
The earlybird fee cut off for each workshop is shown below. The fee must be paid before this date for the discount to apply:
- Brisbane (3 November) – 31 August
About the Speaker
Jessie Johnson Cash RN RM BNSc MMid PhD Candidate, is a lecturer at the University of the Sunshine Coast. She has practised midwifery in a range of models and settings, and regularly presents workshops.