What to expect the first 20 months? Leaps, leaps and more leaps! ten in all. Welcome to the fully-updated and revised 6th edition of the book-with 30% new material-that made “leaps” the buzzword for parents of young children worldwide. Fussy at 5 weeks? Cranky at 19-weeks? Clingy at a year? The baby must be approaching a leap, a time during which new skills are mastered, discoveries are made, and perceptions evolve. For new parents, being able to anticipate predictable fussy phases-and the magic that follows-is a game-changer, courtesy of The Wonder Weeks.
With more than 2 million copies sold worldwide, this unique and award-winning guide is based on ground-breaking behavioral research that explains how babies experience 10 magical “leaps” during the first 20 months of life. It reassures parents that fussiness, regression, and wakeful nights are necessary for growth and won’t last forever. The new edition includes:
- Top ten lists of what to expect for each leap
- Updated charts that map out when to expect the fussy behavior (cranky, clingy, crying), and when it might transition into something positive
- Checklists with skills and abilities, featuring a minimum and maximum age range, because every baby develops differently
- Fun games and gentle activities to help soothe the transitions in and beyond leaps
- Suggestions to help parents cope with their baby’s changing behaviors