Note: this is an archived listing for an old event. For current CAPERS events see the Events tab above, or this link.
The Passage to Motherhood Conference 2017
The Pre-conference Workshops are on Tuesday 9 and Wednesday 10 May:
- 9 May – Labour Progress Workshop with Dr Sara Wickham – click here for more information
- 9 May – Childbirth Education Workshop with Rhea Dempsey (CLOSED – FULL) – click here for more information
- 10 May – Breastfeeding Workshop with Dr Christina Smillie – click here for more information
- 10 May – Spinning Babies Workshop with Ginny Phang (CLOSED – FULL)- click here for more information
The Conference is on Thursday 11 and Friday 12 May.
Finally, the Post Conference Workshop on 13 May
- 13 May – Spinning Babies Workshop with Ginny Phang (CLOSED – FULL) – click here for more information
Email events(at)capersbookstore.com.au to have your name placed on a waiting list for the 10 May workshop.
More associated events will be announced here, and in eNews.
The Conference will feature presentations by Dr Sara Wickham (UK), Dr Hannah Dahlen (Aus) and Dr Alison Barrett (NZ) PLUS a wonderful diverse group of midwives, lactation consultants, doulas, childbirth educators, academics/researchers and consumers/advocates.
You can read more about the Conference here.
See the link above for more information and also download the Conference Program here
The fee payable varies according to how many days you plan to attend and when you register. If you select your choices from the drop-down menu then you will be able to see the applicable fee.
The registration cut-off dates are: earlybird price closes 31 March 2017. To receive these discounted fees, CAPERS must receive both registration and payment prior to 5pm (Eastern Standard Time) on the dates above.
Fees are (earlybird/standard*)
- One day of conference = 250/280*
- One day of conference plus one workshop = 490/540*
- One day of conference plus two workshops = 730/800*
- Both days of conference = 450/500*
- Both days of conference plus one workshop = 680/750*
- Four days of conference/workshops = 885/975*
- Five days of conference/workshops = 1090/1200
If using an Institution Purchase Order, the standard (full) fee (*) applies, and it must be paid before 1 May when registrations close. If you arrive at the conference and the fee has not been paid a credit card will be required to guarantee the payment.
Full-time midwifery students:
- 25% discount off the fee applicable at the time you register;
- Enter the discount code/coupon STUDENT in the shopping cart online;
- Send us by email a photo/scan of your student ID or other documentation as soon as you register;
- You need to be a full-time student at the time of the Conference.
For each day session times are 0900-1700hrs (Registration from 0800hrs). Registration fees include morning, afternoon tea and lunch plus abstracts which will be emailed to participants.
If you need a special diet, please ensure you wrote this in the Additional Information field of the Shopping Cart. If your dietary request is not visible on your Tax Invoice (emailed to you automatically after you register), then please email the office. If your dietary requirements change, please let the office know ASAP. Requests for special diets close 14 days before events (now closed).
A block booking has been made in both the Mercure and the Pullman towers, for more information and to book at these special rates email H8784@accor.com or call 07 3222 1125 and mention CAPERS Bookstore. If you are staying at one of these hotels (and have booked directly with the hotel) please let us know at registration and you will go into the draw to win a $150.00 voucher to be spent at the CAPERS stall at the conference.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for FAQs with the Terms and Conditions for Event Registrations including payment options and cancellations. By registering online you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. Please email or phone the office if you require clarification of any of these conditions.