The Rebozo is a beautiful Mexican shawl. One of its many traditional uses is to assist the birthing mother. Support persons or the midwife will move the Rebozo in a wide variety of ways to achieve techniques to assist the mother as she feels pain or discomfort. In our workshops, participants loved the diverse movements practised with the rebozo.
Our rebozos are genuine Mexican rebozos, made in the traditional way by Mexican women for a small business based in Mexico. They are brightly coloured, with a fringe for a pleasing finish.
Some uses of the rebozo:
- To assist the pregnant woman to relax
- To ease women’s discomfort during pregnancy and labour
- To move the woman into different positions that may assist moving the baby into a better position
- To wear as an attractive shawl (or to give warmth in winter)
- To throw over furniture or to decorate any space
Handwoven rebozos in cotton with beautiful fish and flowers pattern woven into the fabric.
Measurements 2 metres x 70 cms