Postnatal Depression: A Practical Guide for Australian Families is a comprehensive but accessible guide for mothers, partners, other family and health professionals. Lisa Fettling has worked in postnatal depression education and support services for over 15 years, so is well placed to provide the essential information on recognising and responding to postnatal depression.
The five chapters cover:
- The signs and symptoms of PND; P
- rofessional help – why it’s hard for many new mothers to ask for help, suggestions for whom they should turn, how PND is diagnosed, how a woman can best help her health professional to help her, and treatment options;
- Help yourself, help from family and friends;
- Men – how partners of women with PND are affected, and the impact on a couple’s relationship;
- Understanding PND – brief and general answers to questions that many families will have.