A new edition of a classic textbook fully updated to meet the needs of today’s midwifery student. Now available for the first time in full color, the 15th edition of Mayes Midwifery has an enhanced artwork program and comes with an extensive website which provides 600 multi-choice questions and wide selection of case studies and reflective activities; a downloadable image bank assists with essay and assignment preparation.
- New edition of a classic textbook updated and designed for today’s midwifery student!
- Chapters authored by experts in their field, including midwifery academics and clinicians as well as allied professionals such as researchers, physiotherapists, neonatal nurse specialists, social scientists and legal experts
- Evidence and research based throughout to help facilitate safe clinical practice
- Learning outcomes and key points help readers structure their study and recap on what they have learned
- Reflective activities encourage the application of theory to practice
- Contains practice based tools and checklists
- Presents and discusses the latest national and international guidelines
- Associated website with over 600 MCQs, reflective activities to encourage the application of theory to practice, case studies and additional learning tools
- Downloadable image bank to assist readers with essay preparation and other assignments
- Suitable for use in normal community and midwife led arenas, high tech environments and more rural areas of clinical practice
- Brand new design – incorporating helpful learning features – aids reader engagement and retention of facts
- Updated artwork program helps clarify complex physiological processes and other challenging concepts
About the Editors
Edited by Sue Macdonald, MSc PGCEA ADM RM RN FETC FRCM (Hon), Midwife Consultant and Educationalist; Formerly Education and Research Manager and Lead Midwife for Education, Royal College of Midwives, London, UK and Gail Johnson, MA, DPSM, PGDip Adult Education, RM, RN, Professional Advisor Education, Royal College of Midwives, London, UK
15th edition. UK August 2017