Rebecca Glover’s popular pamphlet, The Key to Successful Breastfeeding, uses unique graphics and clear explanations in explainining to a mother all she needs to know about whether her baby is feeding effectively. It was revised and updated with new graphics in 2005.
The text explains:
- How to Attach (Latch) Her Baby
- How Attachment Works
- How Breastfeeding Works
- How to work with baby’s instinctive feeding behaviours
- How baby needs to take the breast
- How to position her body, baby’s body and the breast to offer baby the best possible mouthful
- How to bring baby onto the breast for comfortable effective breastfeeding
- How to know if baby is beautifully attached.
It can be used:
- To teach women in the antenatal period, either one-to-one or in group classes.
- To teach the technique during the Postnatal Learning Period. and to help mothers develop their technique to resolve breastfeeding difficulties.