Is this Normal? Understanding Your Child’s Sexual Behaviour is a new resource from Family Planning Qld. It aims to help parents understand what is considered normal and to be able to effectively discuss sexual behaviours with children.
Is this normal? Understanding your child’s sexual behaviour provides parents and carers with:
- an explanation of the Traffic Lights framework for understanding and responding to children’s sexual behaviours
- stories about everyday situations where action might be needed
- tools to support communication with children about sexuality and relationships
- ideas for what to do when a child’s behaviour is not appropriate for their age
- suggestions for how to get support
About the Authors
Is this normal? Understanding your child’s sexual behaviour is published by Family Planning Queensland and is coauthored by Holly Brennan OAM and Judy Graham.
Holly Brennan and Judy Graham have more than 20 years experience working with children and their families. This book combines this wisdom with relevant research to support parents with accessible tools to help children to grow up healthy, informed and safe.