A comprehensive guide to homeopathic practice of midwifery and neonatal care. Midwives, physicians, nurses, homeopathic practitioners and pregnant women themselves will find this book to be an invaluable aid in solving, gently and naturally, almost every problem encountered during pregnancy, labor and delivery, as well as post-partum difficulties.
Some of its features include:
- Common Problems Arising During Pregnancy: Morning Sickness, Constipation, Hemorrhoids,
- Varicose Veins, Dietary and Nutrition Related Problems.
- Potentially Serious Complications: Threatened Miscarriage, Eclampsia, Gestational Diabetes, Phlebitis.
- Labor and Labor Difficulties: False, Premature, Ineffectual, Irregular, and Difficult Labor; Malposition,
- Hemorrhage, Retained Placenta, and Perineal Laceration.
- Post-partum Problems: Afterpains, Retention of Urine, Infection, Abnormal Lochial Discharge, Subinvolution,
- Post-partum Depression, and Loss of Libido.
- Unique Chapters: Emotional States During Pregnancy and Labor, Pregnancy and Sexually Transmitted Disease, Sexual Abuse and the Pregnant Woman, Homeopathy for Nervous Fathers and Grandparents.
- Birth Complications in the Neonate: Asphyxia, Convulsions, Conjunctivitis, Head and Spinal Injury, Hernia, Hematoma, Hydrocephalus, Jaundice, Birth Defects, Retarded Closing of Fontanelles, Cradle Cap.
- Nursing Problems: Mastitis, Colic, Thrush, Infant Refuses Mother’s Milk, Insufficient Milk Flow.
- A Quick Keynote Reference: A Separate Section and Aid to Help Speed the Process of Finding the Indicated Remedy in the Shortest Possible Time.