From pregnancy to breastfeeding through weaning and beyond, Feed Yourself, Feed Your Family is a comprehensive one-stop nutrition and cooking guide for mothers eager to nourish the whole growing family with healthy and delicious meals.
Your approach to eating changes when you become pregnant, give birth, and become responsible for feeding an infant, toddler, or growing child. Featuring more than 75 easy-to-make and delicious recipes, sanity-saving, mum-tested advice, and vital information about your nutritional needs when pregnant, nursing, or weaning, Feed Yourself, Feed Your Family helps you set your family on a course for a lifetime of healthy eating.
Focusing on the five basic nutritional stages between birth and the time when your baby takes a seat at the family table, and with an emphasis on organic, unprocessed foods, this invaluable resource offers:
- nutrition-packed, child-pleasing recipes—including make-ahead, no-cook, one-handed (while breastfeeding), on the run, or sit down meals
- facts on how a mother’s diet affects her milk (and baby’s tastes)
- perfect energising foods to support busy new parents learning a new way of life
- fridge-and cupboard-stocking suggestions for simple meals in minutes
- the best organic and shortcut foods in every grocery aisle, from fresh to frozen
- tips and nutritional information for safely shedding pounds while breastfeeding
- fun ways to get children involved in the kitchen and interested in the food they eat
- candid, reassuring stories from mothers like you