Essentials of Law for Health Professionals is a comprehensive guide for Australian health professionals. It has been thoroughly revised and updated throughout to reflect the most recent changes in legislation, employment status of health professionals and issues of work cover, health and safety obligations, and anti-discrimination issues.
The information is presented simply and clearly to ensure it is appropriate for students and health professionals, as well as interested lawyers.
Updates to the new edition include:
- Revised chapters explaining the roles of government and legal professionals
- Chapter 12; Registration and Regulation of Health Professionalsreflects the National registration requirements for health professionals
- Issues of euthanasia, assisted suicide, mental health, abuse and negligence have been enhanced.
- Takes a multidisciplinary approach to the subject of health care law and includes case-studies and activities.
- Discussion on the implications of evidence-based practice on the standard notionally attributed to the duty of care.
- online study resources are available for both the instructor and the student to support the text with case studies, weblinks and study tips
Kim Forrester is a nurse and barrister and is Associate Professor Faculty of Health Science and Medicine, Bond University.
Debra Griffiths is a nurse and legal practitioner, and is Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences, Monash University.
Australia 4th edition, 2014.