Core Curriculum for Interdisciplinary Lactation Care provides an essential foundation for lactation care. Published in partnership with the Lactation Education Accreditation and Approval Review Committee (LEAARC), it is an ideal text for preparing for certification, orienting staff, and planning continuing education programs. Reflecting the current state of practice, it also serves and an ideal resource for clinicians.
With contributions from leading experts in the field, it reflects an interdisciplinary approach to lactation care. Written to complement the LEAARC curriculum, the text includes clinical applications that move from theory to practice, including key learning points, clinical case studies, and real life stories from the mother and her healthcare team. Also included are perspectives from the breastfeeding family and links to policies and global protocols.
Core Curriculum for Lactation Consultant Practice:
- Follows the IBLCE exam blueprint, reviewing all topics and areas covered on the lactation consultant certification exam;
- Equips students with a “road map” that allows them to pinpoint areas of particular interest or identified need;
- Serves as a useful reference for staff development, new staff orientation, and curriculum development;
- Provides extensive references to direct you to further study;
- Presents the core knowledge needed to practice as an IBCLC.
USA 4th edition. April 2018.
Previous editions were published as Core Curriculum for Lactation Consultant Practice.