Date and Times
Brisbane – Wednesday 10 May 2017 1800 – 2030hrs (for a 1830 start/6.30pm)
Speakers and Topics
Melissa Fox General Manager, Health Consumers Queensland
Rebecca Jenkinson consumer advocate and PhD candidate whose research includes consumer issues.
Jessie Johnson-Cash midwife, PhD candidate and midwifery lecturer at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
Topics discussed will include:
- the health complaints process in Queensland.
- legal issues such as consent, rights and refusal of treatments
- the rights and responsibilities within the caregiver-mother relationship
- how to become a consumer representative and connect with others (PLUS this forum is a great opportunity for networking with others)
- Consumer tickets (no income is obtained from activities related to pregnancy and childbirth) – $5
- Others (any income is obtained from pregnancy and childbirth) – $10
Babies are welcome.
Mercure/Pullman King George Square Hotel, King George Square, Brisbane CBD (corner Ann and Roma Sts).
The hotel is a few minutes walk from Roma St and Central train stations and close to numerous bus routes (see www.translink.com.au for info).
The King George Square carpark has a special offer of $5 parking if you enter after 4pm (open til 11pm). The entry is a little tricky to find – one is directly across from the hotel lobby on Roma St, just past the bus tunnel entry, and the other is on Adelaide St between the King George Square bus hub entry and Officeworks. See more info and confirm this deal still applies on their website.
Terms and Conditions
Please see this link for Terms and Conditions related to Event Registrations including payment options and cancellations. By registering online you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. Please email or phone the office if you require clarification of any of these conditions.
Obviously due to the ticket price of this event, there are no cancellations (our cancellation fee is $60 so this would be more than ticket price). You can transfer your ticket to another person if you let us know in advance by email (they would need to also be entitled to the consumer price if you paid the consumer price, or pay the balance).