Breastfeeding: A Guide for the Medical Profession is a complete, authoritative, evidence-based text on all of the scientific and clinical topics related to breastfeeding – from basic data on the anatomical, physiological, biochemical, nutritional, immunological, and psychological aspects of human lactation…to guidance on a full range of problems in clinical management.
For more than 35 years, Dr. Ruth Lawrence’s landmark reference has been the definitive guide to breastfeeding for the medical profession. The 8th Edition continues to bring together evidence-based clinical information on all aspects of breastfeeding, from the basic science of human lactation to issues of clinical management. Comprehensive, easy to read, and clinically relevant, it provides the most up-to-date information for physicians regarding breastfeeding, issues surrounding breastfeeding, and care of the lactating woman.
New to this Edition
- Access the fully searchable text online at Expert Consult;
- Treat conditions associated with breastfeeding-such as sore nipples, burning pain, or hives-using extensive evidence-based information;
- Apply the latest understanding of anatomy and physiology through coverage of recent Australian CT and MR studies of the breast and its function;
- Stay current on new research on infectious diseases germane to lactation and new antibiotics, antivirals, and immunizations available for use during lactation;
- Effectively manage the use of medications during lactation thanks to an updated discussion of this difficult subject.
8th edition USA October 2015.
Click here for our complete list of recommended books for studying for the IBLCE Exam.