Online registration now open – register for any of these events using
CAPERS Events June – Nov 2018
- 15 June – Mothers and Mental Health Workshop in Brisbane (full, registrations closed)
- 22 June – Perinatal Grief and Loss Workshop in Ballina
- 23 June – Skills for Promoting Physiological Birth Workshop in Ballina
- 27 October – Roar Behind the Silence in Perth
- 29 October – Roar Behind the Silence in Melbourne
- 30 October – Roar Behind the Silence in Sydney
- 1 November – Roar Behind the Silence in Brisbane
- 2 November – Cultivating Compassion in Maternity Care Workshop in Brisbane
- 3 November – Skills for Promoting Physiological Birth Workshop AND Mothers and Mental Health Workshop (2 workshops running at the same time)
More information on each event is listed below, or on the above links. More information on the venues is available at the end of this page.
Mothers and Mental Health: a workshop for health professionals
One-day workshop with Amanda Donnet, for anyone working with new mothers. Click HERE for more information.
- Brisbane: 15 June (FULL, registrations closed) – Pullman/Mercure King George Square Hotel, corner Ann St & Roma St
- Brisbane 3 November – Pullman/Mercure King George Square Hotel, corner Ann St & Roma St
Cultivating Compassion in Maternity Care Workshop
One-day workshop with Amanda Donnet, for midwives, student midwives and others working with pregnant women. Click HERE for more information.
- Brisbane: 2 November Pullman/Mercure King George Square Hotel, corner Ann St & Roma St
Roar Behind the Silence – one-day Conference
One-day conference with Soo Downe & Sheena Byrom, for midwives, student midwives, consumer advocates, and anyone working in maternity care. Click HERE for more information.
- Perth: 27 October 2018, Mercure Perth 10 Irwin St
- Melbourne: 29 October 2018 Novotel Melbourne on Collins, 270 Collins St
- Sydney: 30 October 2018, (Hannah Dahlen will speak in Sydney too) – Novotel Sydney Central, 169 Thomas St
- Brisbane: 1 November 2018. Pullman/Mercure King George Square Hotel, corner Ann St & Roma St
Skills for Promoting Physiological and Instinctive Birth Workshop
One-day workshop with Jessie Johnson-Cash, for midwives, student midwives, and others working with birthing women. Click HERE for more information.
- Ballina: 23 June – Ballina Beach Resort, Compton Dve
- Brisbane: 3 November – Pullman/Mercure King George Square, cnr Ann & Roma Sts.
Grief and Perinatal Loss Workshop
One-day workshop with Paula Dillon, for anyone who may be involved in supporting parents after perinatal loss. Click HERE for more information.
- Ballina: 22 June – Ballina Beach Resort, Compton Dve
For all 2018 events you can Register Online
Registration paying by credit card
This is the easiest option. You can register online and pay by credit card using our secure registration form. After submitting your registration you will receive a Tax Invoice by email, please check your Junk/Spam mailbox.
Registration using bank deposit
To register and pay by bank deposit or cheque you can still use the online registration form. [Note you may receive a Payment Error message after submitting your form, please ignore that]. You will receive a Tax Invoice by email, please check your Junk/Spam mailbox. Please ensure you include your Tax Invoice number as the reference number when paying by direct deposit or send a copy of your invoice when sending a cheque.
Registration using purchase order
If your workplace wishes to register you for a CPD event using a purchase order they can email this to office<at>capersbookstore.com.au. Registrations by purchase order are at the full registration fee, there are no earlybird discounts. Please ensure they include your name on the purchase order and that you also email us a registration form.
Melbourne – Novotel Melbourne on Collins
Novotel Melbourne on Collins is at 270 Collins St. We recommend public transport, it’s on Collins between Elizabeth and Swanston so easily accessible by tram or train (note the trams are free within the CBD now, check the signs for Free Tram Zone). There are many parking stations in the CBD, Parkopedia is a useful website with links to check prices and earlybird deals.
Sydney – Novotel Sydney Central
Novotel Sydney Central is at 169-179 Thomas St, Haymarket. It is a short walk to Central Station. Parking is available onsite and there is a discount for event registrants, see the front desk of the hotel when you arrive.
Brisbane – Pullman/Mercure King George Square
Pullman/Mercure King George Square is a two tower hotel on the corner of Ann and Roma Sts. It is a short walk to Roma St or Central train stations and the King George Square bus hub. Parking is available at King George Square parking, see their website for more information including an earlybird offer and special weekend deal (currently $5).
Ballina – Quality Inn Ballina Beach Resort
Ballina Beach Resort is on Compton Dve in East Ballina. Parking is available onsite. The resort has offered an accommodation deal of $145 for a “Queen Deluxe Room”, contact them on 02 6686 8888 to book that rate.
The Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney hotels are members of the Accor Hotels chain. They have a free loyalty club that entitles you to a 10% discount off standard rates and early access to sales, see here for more information.