- STOCKTAKE SALE at least 20% off (Limited Stock)
- CAPERS Books
- Gift Ideas and Summer Reading
- Recommended for IBLCE Exam
- Caesareans and VBAC
- Childbirth education and counselling
- Books for Fathers/Fathers-to-Be
- Fertility issues
- General health
- Grief and Loss
- Mothering and Postpartum Adjustment
- Novels, History and Biographies
- Nutrition and Complementary therapies
- Other texts
- Parenting and childcare
- Parenting adolescents
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prematurity and special parenting circumstances
- Women's health and menopause
- CAPERS events
- CAPERS for Children
- Jewellery & Stationery
- DVDs and CDs
- Teaching Resources
- Other Items
Hypnobirthing: The Mongan Method book and CD set clearly explain this new approach to safer, easier, more comfortable birthing.
Hypnobirthing founder, Marie Mongan, dismisses the notion that pain is a natural accompaniment to birth. She explains that when we release the fear, a fear that is keeping our body tense and closed, we will experience gentle birth.
The HypnoBirthing program outlined in this book is nature, not manipulation. It relaxes the mind in order to let the body work. The exercises -positive thinking, relaxation, visualization, breathing and physical preparation - will lead to a happy and comfortable pregnancy.
The book is complemented by a CD with relaxation and birth imagery exercises.
The author, Marie Mongan, is the Director of the HypnoBirthing Institute, licensed as a counsellor and holds certification as an advanced clinical hypnotherapist and an instructor of hypnotherapy.
3rd edition. USA 2005.