- CLEARANCE SALE at least 20% off (Limited Stock)
- CAPERS Books
- Gift Ideas and Summer Reading
- Recommended for IBLCE Exam
- Caesareans and VBAC
- Childbirth education and counselling
- Books for Fathers/Fathers-to-Be
- Fertility issues
- General health
- Grief and Loss
- Mothering and Postpartum Adjustment
- Novels, History and Biographies
- Nutrition and Complementary therapies
- Other texts
- Parenting and childcare
- Parenting adolescents
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prematurity and special parenting circumstances
- Women's health and menopause
- CAPERS events
- CAPERS for Children
- Jewellery & Stationery
- DVDs and CDs
- Teaching Resources
- Other Items
- Microbirth Screenings
CAPERS is offering half-day workshops in SE Queensland in 2014 - responding to requests from midwives for these popular topics. The final one for 2014 will be held in Maleny, in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. If you'd like to stay for the weekend, see here for more tourist and accommodation information.
Please note these workshops require a minimum number of registrants to go ahead. We will confirm each workshop at least two weeks in advance. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please register first and email or call us to confirm that the workshop is proceeding before you book these.
Who can attend:
Whilst the workshops are specifically designed for midwives and student midwives, others are welcome (childbirth educators, doulas, birth supporters, pregnant women).
$95. Fees include morning tea. Please register early.
BONUS: If you attend 5 or more of these workshops, at the end of 2014, we'll send you a $50 gift voucher to use when you next purchase items online. Note: This offer is only available for sessions for which you paid full price (ie you must have booked 5 sessions at $95).
Each workshop is 3.5 contact hours, therefore 3.5 CPD points and you will be provided with a Statement of Attendance with this information.
Registration 8am, Workshop 8.30am -12.30pm
Maleny Workshops Topics and Dates
The Maleny workshops will be held at The Masonic Lodge,
30 Tamarind Street, Maleny. See here for more venue information.
- 15 NOVEMBER - Helping Hands and Loving Heart: Practical Skills for Midwives and Doulas: (JJC) A practical, hands-on workshop filled with tools for supporting women in labour. With increased emphasis on the surveillance of mother and baby, the practical skills of supporting women in birth have been relegated. We will discuss and practise various comfort measures and ways of supporting women in active birth. (Jessie Johnson Cash)
Jessie Johnson-Cash RN RM BNSc MMid is a tutor at the University of the Sunshine Coast and a homebirth midwife. She has worked in the public system as well as in private practice and is starting her PhD.
Terms and Conditions
Please see this link for Terms and Conditions related to Event Registrations including payment options and cancellations.By registering online you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. Please email or phone the office if you require clarification of any of these conditions.