The Passage to Motherhood Conference - May 2013
The Passage to Motherhood Conference will be held at Royal Pines Resort, Gold Coast, Australia on 17-18 May 2013, with 4 pre-conference full-day workshops on 15-16 May. Keynote speakers include Michel Odent, Cathy Watson Genna, Thomas Hale and Mike Woolridge (UK).
Online Registration- Conference
- The Passage to Motherhood Conference - May 17 & 18 on the Gold Coast. Register for Day One here and Day Two here (buy both items to attend both days). The conference program is available online here
Online Registration - Pre-Conference Workshops
- Birth: Needs, Dreams and Realities Seminars with Michel Odent and Alison Barrett - 16 May Gold Coast (Plus 20 May Sydney, 21 May Melbourne). More information and registration here.
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine in Pregnancy, Birth & the Early Postnatal Period - 15 May Gold Coast (more dates to be announced for Sydney and Melbourne). More information and registration here.
- Perinatal Loss Workshop: Sad doesn’t have to be Bad - Gold Coast 15 May, (plus Melbourne 13 March, Brisbane 3 September, Sunshine Coast 4 September, Cairns 6 September, Newcastle 6 November, Sydney 7 November). More information and registration here.
- Breastfeeding: Science and Clinical Practice Seminar with Cathy Watson Genna, Thomas Hale and Mike Woolridge - Gold Coast: 16 May (Plus Perth: 11 May, Adelaide: 13 May, Melbourne: 14 May, Sydney: 15 May) More information and registration here.
- Breastfeeding: Clinical Skills Workshop with Cathy Watson Genna - Perth 10 May, Sydney 20 May. More information and registration here. Note: there are limited places available in this workshop.
The Venue (Gold Coast)
Royal Pines Resort is set on 100 hectares just 10 minutes from Surfers Paradise. It is 30kms from Coolangatta Airport and 80kms from Brisbane International Airport. From Brisbane Airport, you can take the Airtrain to Nerang, and the Resort is less than a 5 minute drive from that station. (Taxis are usually at the station, particularly at peak times, and can be booked to meet a train.) The Resort is at the northern end of the Gold Coast and has free undercover parking. The Resort is an ideal destination for families, couples and individuals. There are activities onsite for all, and many others within a short distance.
An accommodation block has been held for The Passage to Motherhood so please ensure you mention CAPERS when booking. The resort offers discounts for RACV/RACQ members and often has special deals - see the website or call the Resort Toll Free 1800 886 880 or 0800 886 880 (New Zealand) or 07 5597 8790. If your workplace is booking your accommodation they may find thie accommodation form useful, but individual bookings are best made online or by phone.
Information on sponsorship/exhibits
This Conference provides a wonderful opportunity for businesses to showcase their products and services to midwives, lactation consultants and other health professionals. Further information is available here.
Contact events(at)capersbookstore.com.au for all information relating to the Conference including sponsorship and advertising opportunities and arrangements for non-profit groups.
We look forward to seeing you in May 2013 at the Gold Coast, if not before then at another of our fabulous events.
Join eNews here for updates on this Conference and all our events.